General Rules and Regulations
These rules apply to all contests running on soundofmusic.ca, and all Sound of Music Festival-branded media (including Twitter and Facebook). Please note that individual contests may have additional rules and regulations. These rules will be listed under an area noted as "Additional Individual Contest Rules" if applicable. Questions, clarification or comments about these rules can be directed to (email@example.com)
- HOW TO ENTER: To be eligible to win the prize as indicated, entrants must follow the rules as directed for each contest, ticket giveaway or sweepstakes. No purchase necessary. You are not allowed to enter anyone other than yourself in Sound of Music Festival contests, giveaways or sweepstakes. Detailed contest rules are available upon request from Sound of Music Festival.
- ELIGIBILITY Sound of Music Festival contests are open to Ontario residents, 19 years of age or older (unless otherwise specified) with the exception employees and those with whom are domiciled of Sound of Music Festival or employees of companies supplying prizes. Winners may be asked to sign a release form as prepared and accepted by Sound of Music Festival acknowledging their acceptance and understanding of the complete contest rules. For applicable contests, if you are under the age 18, you will require your parent or legal guardian's permission to claim your prize and to act on your behalf.
- PRIZES Value of prizes is approximately that shown on the contest page. Prize cannot be refunded and is not transferable or convertible to cash, no substitutions will be available. Prizes may not be exactly as shown or indicated. Sound of Music Festival retains the rights, in its absolute and sole discretion, to make substitutions of equivalent kind or approximate value in the event of the unavailability of any prize or component of the prize for any reason whatsoever.
- NOTIFICATION Only the winning participants will be notified by email.
- CLAIMING OF PRIZES The major qualifying factor for entry is that you must be able to obtain your prize in person before the pick-up deadline. In some cases, prizes may be mailed as deemed appropriate by Sound of Music Festival. Instructions for pick-up will vary depending the contest or sweepstakes. We are not responsible for unclaimed prizing after the pick-up deadline has passed. Pick-up deadlines are conveyed at the time of notification. Deadlines will vary depending on the time sensitivity of the prize. For ticketed events (i.e. concerts, etc.) the pick-up deadline will be communicated via email. Non-dated prizes must be claimed within 3 months of winner notification. The winner(s) must also present valid photo identification and the information they provide must match that provided by us on the contest form and may be required to answer a skill-testing question before the prize is awarded to them. Before being declared a winner, the prize winner(s) will also be required to sign a declaration form confirming acceptance of the prize offered, a waiver of liability acknowledging the non-responsibility of Sound of Music Festival and its agents in respect to injuries, accidents or loss relating to the prize and a publicity release acknowledging the right of Sound of Music Festival and the agents to publish and/or broadcast the winner's picture, name, address, voice and statements without further compensation.
- PRIVACY All entries submitted become the property of Sound of Music Festival. By submitting ballot, you are granting your permission to use your name on the Sound of Music Festival website and in any print promotional material in the event if chosen as a winner. By submitting your ballot, you are also granting Sound of Music Festival to use, in any aggregate manner, any information that you supply for demographic purposes. However, your address and contact information is kept strictly confidential. All mailing lists are opt-in. You will not be added to any mailing lists that you do not join. However, Sound of Music Festival will on occasion email contest entrants directly pertaining to the contest entered. By entering the contest, you are granting Sound of Music Festival permission to email you in this manner, to notify you of winning, and/or to notify you of possible problems with your entry or other contact that Sound of Music Festival deems necessary at our discretion.
All information supplied by the entrant which is non-personal in nature, including not but limited to: answers to contest questions, comments, postings on contest message boards, etc, becomes the property of Sound of Music Festival. This information may be posted for public viewing, used in Sound of Music Festival promotional pieces both print and online or otherwise published. By submitting this information to Sound of Music Festival you are granting Sound of Music Festival the rights to your commentary/content and the ability to use, modify, edit and otherwise use said content. Note that all mailing lists are opt-in only.
- Sound of Music Festival reserves the right to revise, cancel or close contests at any time.
- ODDS OF WINNING Odds of winning are dependent on the total number of entries received.
- BANNING Sound of Music Festival reserves the right to prohibit entry from any person who we believe to be abusing these rules. Abuse includes entering multiple times and entering false information. We realize that mistakes occur, and make every effort to ensure that our contests are run in a fair manner. As such, we make an effort to contact people who are banned in order to explain what has occurred and to facilitate communication. However, sometimes this is not possible. If you have been banned and wish to discuss the situation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- TECHNICAL ERRORS Sound of Music Festival cannot be held responsible for technical failures on the part of contest software or human error which could result in inaccurate postings and notifications. Sound of Music Festival is also not responsible for email notifications that are rejected or do not reach a contest winner. Sound of Music Festival reserves the right to cancel a contest at any time or to correct results in order to rectify software errors.
- Contest is subject to all applicable Federal, Provincial and Municipal laws.
- These rules are subject to change without notice.
- Sound of Music Festival reserves the right to withdraw or terminate any contest at any time without prior notice or to remove any entries deemed inappropriate or profane.